Now accepting proposals for TCAL 2022!
Leading the Wave: Sighting New Horizons
Wednesday, July 20, 2022
Towson Conference for Academic Libraries will again be virtual!
We look forward to reviewing your conference presentation proposals for TCAL 2022. Proposals can be submitted via our Google form.
This low-cost, one-day conference is for all academic library workers and MLIS students. We welcome proposals and attendees from all job levels and all departments.
This year’s theme is “Leading the Wave: Sighting New Horizons.” As we return to a sense of normalcy, or embark on a new normal, we want to hear your ideas about what lies ahead for academic librarianship? How can we be innovators and leaders in our profession, at our institutions, or in our own libraries? We don’t want to just be riding the wave, we want to be leading it! Additionally, what are the upcoming trends, technologies, products, etc. that we should be keeping an eye on? How do you see them having an impact on our work? We are equally interested in hearing your theoretical ideas and your ideas put into practice, whether successfully or unsuccessfully. We will look forward to session proposals that explore this theme from such perspectives as:
- Fresh ideas and innovative perspectives for the 21st century and/or the post-pandemic library
- Tales of successful and/or not successful projects
- Examples of leading change in your community(ies)
- Experiences working with new technology
- Challenges to established workflows and philosophies
- Ideas for the future in an interdepartmental, collaborative environment
- Workshops demonstrating hard skills
- Practical problem-solving and skill sharing
- Ideas informed by diverse and critical perspectives
- Innovation and practices from non-library fields
- Strategies for cross-departmental collaboration and empowerment at work
- Helping the local academic library community connect and re-connect
Proposals are due by Monday, June 13th. Please pass this message to anyone who might be interested.
Questions may be directed to email@example.com