- Professor: Towson University, 08/2016-present
- Acting Associate Dean, FCSM: Towson University, 07/2018-02/2019
- Associate Professor: Towson University, 08/2010-07/2016
- Assistant Professor: Towson University, 08/2005-07/2010
- Postdoc: University of Texas at Austin, 01/2003-07/2005
- Postdoc: University of Toronto, 07/2001-12/2002
- Ph.D. in Mathematics: University of South Carolina, 08/1997-08/2001
- B.S. and M.S. in Mathematics: Plovdiv University, 09/1991-07/1996
- Discrete maximal operators for surfaces of higher codimension (with T. Anderson and E. Palsson). La Matematica 1 (2022), 442-479.
- The ergodic Waring-Goldbach problem (with T. Anderson, B. Cook and K. Hughes). Journal of Functional Analysis 282 (2022):109334, 39 pp.
- Hilbert transforms and the equidistribution of zeros of polynomials (with E. Carneiro, M. Das, A. Florea, A. Malik, M. Milinovich, C. Turnage-Butterbaugh, and J. Wang). Journal of Functional Analysis 281 (2021):109199, 25 pp.
- On a two-dimensional exponential sum. In “Combinatorial and Additive Number Theory IV” (Proceedings of the CANT Workshops, New York, NY: May 21-24, 2019 and June 1-5, 2020), Springer, Cham, 2021, pp. 371-383.
- A hybrid of two theorems of Piatetski-Shapiro (with Zh. Petrov). Monatshefte für Mathematik 189 (2019), 355-376.
Recent Seminars and Conference Talks
- December 2020: Discrete maximal functions on surfaces of codimension >1, Purdue Analytic Number Theory and Harmonic Analysis Seminar, Purdue University, West Lafayette, IN (virtual).
- June 2020: Discrete maximal functions for surfaces of codimension 3, CANT 2020, New York, NY (virtual).
- March 2020: Diminishing ranges for Diophantine inequalities, MASON IV, Gettysburg, PA.
- December 2019: Two theorems of Piatetski-Shapiro, PANTS XXXIII, Clemson, SC.
- December 2019: Two theorems of Piatetski-Shapiro, CMS Winter Meeting, Toronto, Canada.
- August 2019: Exponential sums over primes, Purdue Analytic Number Theory and Harmonic Analysis Seminar, Purdue University, West Lafayette, IN.
- August 2019: The minor arcs in the Waring-Goldbach problem, Workshop on Number Theory, Shandong University at Weihai, Weihai, China.
- July 2019: Two theorems of Piatetski-Shapiro, Number Theory Seminar, Shandong Normal University, Jinan, China.
- March 2019: The Waring-Goldbach problem, Mathematics Colloquium, US Naval Academy, Annapolis, MD.
- February 2019: A hybrid of two theorems of Piatetski-Shapiro, MASON III, Harrisonburg, VA.
- Ph.D. Theses, external co-advisor:
- Huafeng Liu (Shandong University, 2017): On the Waring-Goldbach Problem with Almost Equal Summands.
- Taiyu Li (Shandong University, 2012): Additive Problems with Prime Numbers.
- Master’s Projects:
- Felipe Pizarro (2014): A Large-Scale Scheduling Problem Subject to Multiple Constraint Classes
- Amanda Williams (2012): Comparison Between AKS and Other Primality Tests
- Kelly Nulph (2009): An Attack on a Modified KMOV Cryptosystem
- Undergraduate Research Projects:
- AML Team (2012/2013, jointly with Dr. M. Pemy): Mathematical Modeling of Segregation Patterns in Urban Areas.
- AML Team (2010/2011, jointly with Dr. A. Kolesnikov): Risk Analysis: Toxic Materials Transportation Security.
- Matthew Tiger (2009/2010): Infinite Series.
- at Towson University: Basic Mathematics for the Sciences, Precalculus, Elementary Linear Algebra, Introduction to Abstract Mathematics, Calculus I, Calculus II, Calculus III, Honors Calculus I, Introduction to Abstract Algebra, Differential Equations, Linear Algebra, Number Theory, Algebraic Structures, Introductory Real Analysis, Complex Analysis, Senior Seminar: Quadratic Reciprocity, Applied Mathematics Laboratory I, Linear and Nonlinear Programming*, Topics in Applied Operations Research*, Asymptotic and Perturbation Analysis*.
- at the University of Texas: Calculus I, Calculus II, Discrete Mathematics, Elementary Linear Algebra, Probability, Complex Analysis, Topics in Analysis: Distribution of Primes*.
- at the University of Toronto: Calculus, Introduction to PDEs.