Lecture Notes

I often type notes for the courses I teach, and some of those are decent enough that I think that others may find them of some use. Those sets of lecture notes are listed below, with short descriptions.

Standard Coursework
  • Elementary Linear Algebra: These are the lecture notes for the basic linear algebra course that I teach at TU. They are based on the popular textbook by David Lay.
  • Multivariable Calculus: These are the lecture notes that I use to teach Calculus III at TU. In the past, some of my colleagues have used them too.
Special Topics
  • Quadratic Reciprocity: These are the lecture notes that I have used to teach the senior seminar in mathematics at TU. The course builds the background needed to work out several different proofs of the law of quadratic reciprocity.
  • The Distribution of Prime Numbers: These are the notes for a graduate course I taught at the University of Texas some years back. The course covered: the Riemann zeta-function and the Prime Number Theorem; Dirichlet L-functions and the SiegelWalfisz theorem on primes in arithmetic progressions; the large sieve; the BombieriVinogradov theorem; Vinogradov’s three-prime theorem; the distribution of primes in short intervals and in almost all short intervals; the application of the RosserIwaniec bilinear sieve to the distribution of almost-primes in short intervals.