Cannot View Youtube Mashup Videos in Full Screen
Date Published: Jun 15,2016 Category: Planned First Fix Release:Future Reference; Product:Content Management,Course Tools,Extensions; Version:Learn 9.1 Q4 2016,Learn 9.1 Q4 2015 (9.1.201510.1171621),Learn 9.1 Q2 2016 (3000.1.0-rel.52+991d) Article No.: 000042284
Product: Blackboard Learn
Service Pack: Learn 9.1 Q4 2016, Learn 9.1 Q4 2015 (9.1.201510.1171621), Learn 9.1 Q2 2016 (3000.1.0-rel.52+991d)
Issue Description: The Youtube mashup player displays a “full screen” button in the player. However, when clicking on the full-screen button it does not switch to full-screen mode for the video. Instead a popup saying “full screen mode is unavailable” is shown. When clicking on the ‘Learn More’ link of the error, users are directed to a Youtube Help page.
Steps to Replicate:
- Log into Blackboard Learn as Instructor
- Access a Course
- Click onContent
- Hover over Build Content
- Click YouTube Video
- Search for a video (for example with ‘Blackboard’) and add it to Course
- Click the video to start playing it
- Click the Full Screensquare icon in the bottom-right corner of the player
The application switches to full screen and the video plays.
The following message displays with a link to a Google help page:
Full Screen is Unavailable.
- Click the Sharearrow in the upper-right corner of the player
- Click the Youtubelink to open the page in YouTube in a separate window
- Click on the full screen button in the separate window