Maryland Writing Project will host both virtual and face-to-face summer writers camps during Summer 2022. These one-week camps are creative writing workshops for children and teenagers who love to write. Working with experienced teachers who are teacher-leaders in the Maryland Writing Project, young writers will have the opportunity to
- Work on their choice of writing projects
- Learn different forms of creative writing
- Receive constructive feedback from experienced writers
- Belong to a supportive writers’ community
Registration will open February 1, 2023
July 17-21, 9:00 a.m. to noon, Writing Camp @Towson University, Grades 3-6; Cost: $300
July 24-28, 9:00 a.m. to noon, Writing Camp @Towson University, Grades 7-12; Cost: $300
An asynchronous writing camp, Grades 4-12 will be available. More details to follow.
- Opening icebreakers and writing warm ups to get creativity flowing.
- Specific instruction about writing strategies (building characters, setting, plot, dialogue, etc). The specific topics may change slightly based on students’ needs and interests.
- Writing time where students can write on their own or enter virtual break out rooms to write with other students.
- Sharing time where students who want to share their writing can share with the whole group or in small groups.
- One-on-one writing conferences with experienced writing teachers who will provide support specific to individual needs and interests.