All submissions are electronic. Articles or papers should be sent, as either a word or PDF attachment, to the TJIA submissions email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Submissions must include:
- A permanent email address (If you anticipate graduating prior to publication, please refrain from using your student email, as these frequently expire shortly after graduation)
- A contact phone number
- A permanent mailing address
- A separate title page that includes the author’s name and the title of the paper.
- A brief profile of the author on the second page of the manuscript.
- The rest of the manuscript should include no identifying marks; do not include a named heading.
- Submissions should be at least ten (10) pages, however we will consider shorter submissions under special circumstances
- Submissions must be double-spaced, 12-pt Times New Roman Font with standard, 1-inch margins.
- Charts, tables, graphs, etc. from secondary sources may be used in-text, but written approval from the original source must be obtained prior to inclusion in the published journal.
- Submissions must have page numbers in the top, right-hand corner of the page.
- An abstract (no more than 200 words) of the submission that briefly summarizes its argument and contribution. Also, please include a list of 5-10 keywords that best capture the topics associated with your paper.
- The abstract of the submission should not be on the same page as the title page or the author profile. Authors should position their abstracts directly above the beginning of their introduction.
- Citations must adhere to the Chicago Manual of Style. The TJIA uses footnotes, as opposed to endnotes.
- Most questions can be addressed through the Chicago-Style Citation Quick Guide or the full Chicago Manual of Style.
- Footnotes should be in Arabic numerals (1, 2, 3) rather than Roman numerals (I, II, III).