New Faculty Spotlight: Joseph Wesolowski

As CBE introduces our new faculty, we would like to place our spotlight on Joseph Wesolowski. Wesolowski is a certified public accountant and earned his bachelor’s degree in accounting from Loyola College, graduating summa cum laude. He holds a Master of Administrative Science from the Johns Hopkins University. Wesolowski currently teaches Principles of Financial Management (FIN331) and Essentials of Financial Management (FIN330).  “I have a lot of real life business experiences that I pass on to the students. This is what they get from me, the way things are done in the ‘real world” he shares. 

Before joining the College of Business and Economics,  Wesolowski most recently served as chief operating officer for Enterprise Community Investment where he directed and oversaw Bellwether Enterprise, Enterprise Mortgage Banking Operations and Enterprise Homes, Inc. Previously, Joe’s area of responsibility included the New Markets Tax Credit program and coordination of field production for all business lines at Enterprise. 

Wesolowski also has over 40 years of experience as a real estate professional. Formerly, he was chief financial officer of USF&G Realty Advisors, Inc. where he oversaw all financial operations. He served as executive vice president for a local real estate developer responsible for development, financing, leasing and management of owned real estate. Wesolowski was also a political appointee to Baltimore City as a real estate officer with responsibility for overseeing city government real estate acquisition, disposition, leasing, analysis and approval of all deal structures. 

Wesolowski shares that “After 42 years in the business world, I decided that teaching could be a great next step for me. I did teach a course at Towson as an adjunct approximately 20 years ago, so it was something that was not totally new to me.” Wesolowski is also using what he is teaching in class to apply to his own financial situation, such as with investing! 

So far in his time with CBE, Wesolowski has really enjoyed interacting with the students. “It has made me feel 40 years younger!” he exclaims. Even though he had to learn the new systems being used in teaching, he shares that it has become better with experience. 

While teaching at Towson, Wesolowski is most looking forward to watching the students progress into successful careers and life. “These are our next leaders,” he explains. 

Wesolowski says that his current goal is “to be the best Educator that I can possibly be!” Outside of teaching,Wesolowski also rides a Harley and loves to explore the outdoors. 

By: Emily Flinchum