Towson students use Tk20 to build their edTPA portfolios. They then transfer their materials electronically to Pearson’s system at edtpa.com.
The resources on this page are intended to help you troubleshoot common technical issues when using Tk20 to submit edTPA. Some resources are password protected. For assistance, reach out to Jessica Keweshan, the edTPA Coordinator.
edTPA in Tk20
- How Do I Access edTPA Resources and Templates in Tk20?: This guide shows how to download edTPA resources, including commentary templates, from a student’s Tk20 account.
- How Do I Upload and Edit Files in Tk20?: This guide shows how to upload files into an edTPA portfolio in Tk20 as well as how to remove and replace files that need to be edited.
- How Do I Store Video Permission Forms in Tk20?: This guide shows where and how to upload your video permission documentation. (Please note that this is a course assignment, not part of your scored edTPA submission.)
- How Should I Record My Videos?: This guide includes several options for recording your videos for edTPA, with links to step-by-step guides.
- How Do I Compress a Video?: This guide includes written and video tutorials to help students compress video files on a variety of devices so that they can be uploaded to Tk20.
- How Do I Block Faces in a Video?: This page includes information about options for blocking or blurring faces if you need to remove a face or other identifying information.
Scanning and File Types
- How Do I Scan Documents?: This page includes free options for scanning documents as PDFs.
- How Do I Add Images to Word Documents?: This guide explains how to add images to Word documents, since images are not acceptable file types for edTPA.
- How Do I Save Files as PDFs?: This guide explains how to save files as PDFs, as many file types (like PowerPoints) are not acceptable for edTPA.
- How Do I Combine PDFs?: This guide explains options for combining several PDFs into a single file, as some parts of edTPA require you to upload a single file.
- How Do I Submit edTPA?: This guide includes written and video tutorials to help students navigate the submission process on Tk20 and edtpa.com.