Saul Zaentz Innovation Fellowship

I was fortunate to be selected as a 2022 Fellow with the Saul Zaentz Innovation Fund to support my newest feature film project, The White Deer. From October 28-30th, 2022, I participated in their Story Lab, where I was paired with industry mentors and peers to workshop my story’s pitch and gain insights on creative development. The program is described as such:

Through candid discussion and structured working sessions, StoryLab brings together creative leaders and experienced storytellers with Saul Zaentz Fellows to encourage human-based storytelling and boundary-pushing, to help identify and solve production challenges, and to foster community and collaboration.

Since 2016, the Saul Zaentz Innovation Fund has given voice to those who have been denied filmmaking opportunities. The fund has emboldened diverse filmmakers to write, design, produce, and distribute a wide array of visual content, from narrative film to immersive media. The fund is a force for equality and diversity in the film industry, a voice for facts, and an equal playing field for the underrepresented.