CBE Star Student Spotlight: Emma Roth

As a part of our ongoing CBE Star Student Spotlight series we would like to highlight Emma Roth, who is majoring in Business Administration and legal studies. Emma shares that she always had a passion for business and she knew that CBE had opportunities for that passion that she would not find anywhere else. 

When reflecting on the classes she has taken in CBE, Emma states that the classes she has found the most valuable are those that are useful regardless of one’s career choice. Emma shares that Business Communications is the best example. “I’ve learned so much about how to present myself in a professional setting, the best way to go about job interviews and how to make my resume stand out.”

During her time in CBE, Emma is proud of the work she is doing with the Student Leadership Council for food insecurity. Emma explains that “I was fortunate enough to be part of the planning process and decision making process in choosing a cause that the CBE would be supporting and I think we definitely made the right choice.”

Additionally, Emma is proud to see the success of the student organizations in CBE. She shares that “as the SLC president, I saw first hand how many, if not all, of the student organizations struggled during the pandemic. Now, I see so many CBE student orgs working their way back and even thriving. Although I am not personally involved in every organization, the success of each of these organizations contributes to the success of the CBE and of the success of the students.”

Emma’s advice to other CBE students is to take advantage of the opportunities that CBE offers. 

“The clubs that you join, professors that you connect with, and leadership positions you take will all have a significant impact on your college experience. I urge students to get as involved as possible and say yes to opportunities. There are always people willing to help and guide you.”

Emma plans to graduate in May 2022 and after her time in CBE hopes to go to law school. Emma plans to keep her connections she has made in Towson University and the College of Business and Economics and wants to be a mentor to other students. 

Emma adds that “with graduation right around the corner, I look back at my time in CBE and I’m very grateful for all of the opportunities and experiences that I’ve had. With the help of the faculty, Dean’s office, and of course my fellow students, I truly feel that I have made my mark on the CBE.”