Study Abroad Alum Graduation Spotlights: Brooke Foundas

Over the past two weeks, we’ve asked both our student staff and study abroad alumni who are graduating to share their graduation plans. Many students were thrilled to share their plans and how their time abroad shaped their career. Up first, we are spotlighting study abroad alumni, Brooke Foundas. We conducted a few interview questions and here are her responses:

Where you studied and when:

“I studied abroad in Athens, Greece summer 2019”

Your major and/or minor:

“I’m majoring in exercise science and minoring in applied adult disability”

What you’re doing or plan to do after graduation:

“I’m going to graduate school to get my Master’s in Occupational Therapy at Duquesne University in Pittsburgh starting January 2022!”

Any achievements from your time at TU:

“I am Co-founder of campus club Towson Rocks!”

Short reflection of your favorite memory from your time abroad:

“I had the best time studying abroad in Greece! I also went with my sister and cousin and although the program only lasted around 5 week, we made the most of it. My favorite memory during my time abroad was my last day there. The night before our flight back to the States, all of us study abroad students went out and dancing until sunrise. We almost missed our flights because we couldn’t find a Taxi!”

Your advice to current TU students who may be considering studying abroad in the future:

“If you’re considering studying abroad, my advice is to just do it. I waited until the summer before my senior year to go so I didn’t have much chance to study abroad again because I was getting prepared to graduate. You never know what’s out there until you do it and I promise you’ll make lifelong friends and memories.”

We enjoyed sharing more about Brooke’s plans with you and we can’t wait to share more of our student graduation spotlights. Keep a look out on our social media and our blog for more updates! #TUProud #HowBigIsYourWorld