Towson Abroad’s Favorite Travel Quotes

“To travel is to live.”

– Hans Christian Andersen

There are an endless supply of quotes relating to travel and adventure, but through the years some have stuck with our office staff more than others. These are the ones that speak to us the most and encompass our own personal experiences abroad. They inspire us daily to never stop exploring and always keep us looking for the next journey. Take a peek at our favorites, and maybe even discover your own!

Katie Lorge – Programs Assistant
image003
“This quote has guided me over the years to forge my own path. Whether it is through study abroad, or a new life adventure, I continually try to challenge myself to try new things, and I leave a trail through building lasting relationships with people that I meet along the way.”

Courtney Niebrzydowski – Advisor
tfss-21d2dfd3-f169-4cd5-83ce-8e8ea3b56b22-image

“This quote rings very true to me. No matter where I go in the world, I’m always struck by the people and reminded that most people are truly kind. There is a level of connectedness that makes the world seem like a smaller place. ”

Kelly Holland – Associate Director

“This quote sums up my first time abroad at the age of 20. My days were full of new people at the university, at home, out traveling. But the most important person I met along the way was myself – an even bigger learning experience than I could have imagined.”

Jen Crystle – Advisor
sail

“As a freshman in college, staring wide-eyed at the study abroad pamphlet in front of me, I was drawn in by the exotic pictures and program options, but I questioned whether studying abroad was for me. I was from a small town in DE (yes, that’s a state) and I went to college in an even smaller town in VA. I liked the comfort of what was familiar, but “sail[ing] away from the safe harbor” was the best decision I ever could have made. I learned so much more about myself and the world than I ever could have within the walls of a traditional classroom.

This quote speaks to all of us—those who want to study abroad, those who are abroad, and those who have returned from abroad. If you are thinking about it, take the chance and you won’t regret it. For those who are currently abroad, explore your host country, travel frequently, and experience all that you can. For those who have returned, keep learning and never stop exploring. Keep discovering opportunities for learning and self-growth. Twenty years from now, your future self will definitely thank you for making the decision to “sail away from the safe harbor.”

Liz Shearer – Director

Quote

“Travel has shaped the entire course of my life.  My beliefs, values, profession, and family are all a product of my experiences in diverse cultures around the world. For me, this quote highlights how travel opens our eyes to the lives of others and influences our own perspective on life. After all, if you never leave home, how can you truly understand where you come from and who you are?”