- What is Tk20?
- Who should I contact if I am unable to log into Tk20?
- When are students notified about the requirement to purchase Tk20?
- How much storage space will students have?
- Is Tk20 available on both Macs and PCs?
- Is the system confidential?
- What if I experience problems with Tk20?
- What are some of the best practices for using Tk20?
- Why am I receiving the “We do not allow upload of the file type that you attempted to upload” error message?
- Why am I receiving the “You cannot upload file because it would put your disk usage at xxxxxMB, over your disk quota of xMB. Please free up some disk space if you wish to upload” error message?
- Why am I receiving the “File you are trying to upload exceeds the maximum size limit of xMB for a file. Try to break this file into smaller chunks and upload them” error message?
What is Tk20?
Tk20 is a comprehensive online data management system that allows students to be active online participants in multiple areas throughout their college instruction, field experiences, and sharing of assessment data. Tk20 stands for “Technology in Kindergarten through Age 20”. It is required for all students working towards any credential that prepares them to work in P-12 schools.
The Tk20 system will allow you to:
- Build your artifacts electronically online.
- Give quick feedback on student work.
- Students can create electronic portfolios for documenting their work and present it to faculty and prospective employers.
- Keep a completely documented record of student work in schools, including field experience and internships.
- Students can fill out application forms and surveys online
Email: email@example.com or call Diane Mello at 410-704-3360. Tk20 Client Support representatives can also assist with routine questions, requests, and technical issues. Tk20 offers phone and email support. Call for assistance at 512-401-2000, Monday through Friday, 8 AM to 8 PM EST. You can also email firstname.lastname@example.org, 24 hours a day, Monday through Friday, as well as on Saturday and Sunday from 12:30 PM to 10:00 PM EST.
They will be informed about Tk20 at admission to the program and/or the first time they take a course requiring Tk20. Multiple courses in each program are designated for collection of assessment data related to assignments or field experiences. Students need to purchase Tk20 before the end of the first week of any of these classes.
They will have 500 MB of storage space.
Tk20 is a Web-based system that can be accessed from a desktop, laptop, or tablet device connected to the Internet. We recommend using the latest versions of these browsers for an optimal user experience:
- Google Chrome
- Mozilla Firefox (especially when working on a Linux platform)
- Apple Safari
- Microsoft Edge
For optimal performance when using the Tk20 application on desktops and laptops, be sure your computer meets these minimum system specifications:
- Microsoft Windows 7 OS
- Apple Mac OS X
- 4 GB RAM
- Dual core 2.0 GHz processor
When using tablets, Tk20 features a responsive framework that responds to different screen sizes by automatically adjusting page contents on mobile devices that meet these minimum specifications:
- Apple iPad with iOS
- Android tablet with 2 GB RAM
*The Tk20 system is vast and complex, so some workflows may not be optimal for tablets or other mobile devices. If you notice any responsiveness issues, please contact support@Tk20.com.
All data is securely stored within Tk20 and belongs to the individual institution, and Tk20 shall make no use or disclosure of the data except for the fulfillment of its obligations within the scope of the Enterprise Software License Agreement with each institution.
For issues after normal business hours, please contact Tk20 customer support directly at email@example.com or 512-401-2000. During business hours, you may also contact the Tk20 Unit Administrator at firstname.lastname@example.org or 410-704-3360.
- Use the most recent versions of the recommended internet browsers.
- DO NOT use the browser back button. Instead, navigate using the tabs and menus within Tk20.
- Using the browser Back button may result in a loss of important information that was not saved.
- DO NOT sign into Tk20 in multiple tabs or windows.
- Wait until a page fully loads before taking a subsequent action. (Look for the spinning circle!)
- Always log out of Tk20
This message indicates that you have tried to upload a file created in a program/software file format that is not recognized by Tk20. Contact Tk20 at support@Tk20.com to get this file extension added to the Tk20 system files and then try uploading the file again.
This message indicates that you are trying to upload a file larger than what your maximum quota allows. Contact your Tk20 system administrator about possibly increasing your disk space.
This message indicates that you are trying to upload a single file that is larger than the allowed limit. Contact Tk20 at support@Tk20.com for solutions on how to upload this file.