- What is Tk20?
- How often do I have to pay the Tk20 fee?
- How do I access Tk20?
- What do I use to log into Tk20?
- What should I do if I receive one of the following error messages: “This User Account is Inactive” or “Your login was unsuccessful. Your student account has not been activated in the system”?
- Who should I contact if I am unable to log into Tk20?
- When are students notified about the requirement to purchase Tk20?
- How much storage space will students have?
- Is Tk20 available on both Macs and PCs?
- Is the system confidential?
- What if I experience problems with Tk20?
- What if I bought Tk20 by mistake?
- What are some of the best practices for using Tk20?
- Why am I receiving the “We do not allow upload of the file type that you attempted to upload” error message?
- Why am I receiving the “You cannot upload file because it would put your disk usage at xxxxxMB, over your disk quota of xMB. Please free up some disk space if you wish to upload” error message?
- Why am I receiving the “File you are trying to upload exceeds the maximum size limit of xMB for a file. Try to break this file into smaller chunks and upload them” error message?
- I accidentally submitted my assignment. How do I get it back?
- Can I transfer my Tk20 account to a different school?
Tk20 is a comprehensive online data management system that allows students to be active online participants in multiple areas throughout their college instruction, field experiences, and sharing of assessment data. Tk20 stands for “Technology in Kindergarten through Age 20”. It is required for all students working towards any credential that prepares them to work in P-12 schools.
The Tk20 system will allow you to:
- Build your artifacts electronically online. Your artifacts will stay with you so you can use them for up to seven years from the date of purchase.
- Receive quick feedback on your work from your instructors and mentors.
- Create electronic portfolios for documenting your work and presenting it to faculty and prospective employers.
- Keep a completely documented record of your work in schools, including field experience and internships.
- Fill out application forms and surveys online.
How often do I have to pay the Tk20 fee?
The Tk20 fee is a one-time fee that allows access for the duration of your professional program.
Upon admission into the professional program, you will be assessed a fee and automatically granted access to Tk20.
What do I use to log into Tk20?
You will use your current TU username and password to login to the Tk20 system.
What should I do if I receive one of the following error messages: “This User Account is Inactive” or “Your login was unsuccessful. Your student account has not been activated in the system”?
Email firstname.lastname@example.org and provide your name and TU ID number.
Who should I contact if I am unable to log into Tk20?
Email: email@example.com or call the Tk20 Unit Administrator at 410-704-3360. Tk20 Client Support representatives can also assist with routine questions, requests, and technical issues. Tk20 offers phone and email support. Call for assistance at 512-401-2000, Monday through Friday, 8 AM to 8 PM EST. You can also email firstname.lastname@example.org, 24 hours a day, Monday through Friday, as well as on Saturday and Sunday from 12:30 PM to 10:00 PM EST.
How much storage space will students have?
You will have 500 MB of storage space.
Is Tk20 available on both Macs and PCs?
Tk20 is a Web-based system that can be accessed from a desktop, laptop, or tablet device connected to the Internet. We recommend using the latest versions of these browsers for an optimal user experience:
- Google Chrome
- Mozilla Firefox (especially when working on a Linux platform)
- Apple Safari
- Microsoft Edge
For optimal performance when using the Tk20 application on desktops and laptops, be sure your computer meets these minimum system specifications:
- Microsoft Windows 7 OS
- Apple Mac OS X
- 4 GB RAM
- Dual core 2.0 GHz processor
When using tablets, Tk20 features a responsive framework that responds to different screen sizes by automatically adjusting page contents on mobile devices that meet these minimum specifications:
- Apple iPad with iOS
- Android tablet with 2 GB RAM
*The Tk20 system is vast and complex, so some workflows may not be optimal for tablets or other mobile devices. If you notice any responsiveness issues, please contact email@example.com.
All data is securely stored within Tk20 and belongs to the individual institution, and Tk20 shall make no use or disclosure of the data except for the fulfillment of its obligations within the scope of the Enterprise Software License Agreement with each institution.
What if I experience problems with Tk20?
For issues after normal business hours, please contact Tk20 customer support directly at firstname.lastname@example.org or 512-401-2000. During business hours, you may also contact the Tk20 Unit Administrator at email@example.com or 410-704-3360.
What if I bought Tk20 by mistake?
Towson University has a site license for Tk20 accounts so if you purchase Tk20 directly from Watermark, you will need to contact them for a refund. Students will be assessed the fee by the Registrar’s Office when they enroll in their program.
Best practices for using Tk20
- Use the most recent versions of the recommended internet browsers.
- DO NOT use the browser back button. Instead, navigate using the tabs and menus within Tk20.
- Using the browser Back button may result in a loss of important information that was not saved.
- DO NOT sign into Tk20 in multiple tabs or windows.
- Wait until a page fully loads before taking a subsequent action. (Look for the spinning circle!)
- Always log out of Tk20.
Why am I receiving the “We do not allow upload of the file type that you attempted to upload” error message?
This message indicates that you have tried to upload a file created in a program/software file format that is not recognized by Tk20. Contact Tk20 at firstname.lastname@example.org to get this file extension added to the Tk20 system files and then try uploading the file again.
Why am I receiving the “You cannot upload file because it would put your disk usage at xxxxxMB, over your disk quota of xMB. Please free up some disk space if you wish to upload” error message?
This message indicates that you are trying to upload a file larger than what your maximum quota allows. Contact your Tk20 system administrator about possibly increasing your disk space.
Why am I receiving the “File you are trying to upload exceeds the maximum size limit of xMB for a file. Try to break this file into smaller chunks and upload them” error message?
This message indicates that you are trying to upload a single file that is larger than the allowed limit. Contact Tk20 at email@example.com for solutions on how to upload this file.
I accidentally submitted my assignment. How do I get it back?
Place a checkmark in the box next to the assignment you want to recall, then click on the recall button. If assessment of your assignment has already begun, you will receive a warning message similar to the following: You can only recall an item that has been submitted and not yet assessed. In this case you will need to contact your assessor or your campus Tk20 administrator to reopen your assignment for editing.
Can I transfer my Tk20 account to a different school?
If your Tk20 account is still active then Tk20 does allow transfers of accounts between institutions. Please be aware of the following limitations:
- Your account can only be active at one institution at a time.
- Your original expiration date continues to apply.
- Only the account activation transfers, not data. For technical reasons we can’t move the contents of your account from one Tk20 system to another. Practically, this means that once you move institutions you should consider the Tk20 account at your old institution to be locked out and unavailable.
If you understand the above limitation, you may transfer your account. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your Student ID number at your previous school and at your current institution. You will be notified once the account has been transferred.