Italy: Roman Excursion

This past weekend I traveled to Rome for the day! It is a very easy trip from Florence by train (we arrived at Roma Termini, which is their main station there). We went ahead and booked our train tickets and tour bus ticket ahead of time, which I highly suggest! It just helped make the trip less stressful. We used Trambus Open (110 Open) as our tour bus for the day. It was perfect because it takes you to all the major sites in Rome and it is a hop on, hop off bus so we were able to get off and walk around whenever we wanted! We started off by purchasing a ticket for around 12 euro at the Colosseum, which allowed entry into the Colosseum, the Roman Ruins, and the Pantheon. It also lets you skip all the lines! We lucked out and had beautiful weather, so it made riding on the top of the double-decker bus even more fun. At first I was worried about being able to do just a day trip to Rome, but I was very happy with how it turned out! If you only have a day, I highly suggest using a tour bus and then picking three or four of the stops that really interest you to get off at. There isn’t time to do all of them but I think it would be too tiring to do all of them anyways! Don’t forget to make a wish at the Trevi Fountain at the end of the day!

Rome1

Exploring the Roman Ruins! This was taken when I first entered the ruins (the first level). There are many levels and takes a couple hours to see everything.

Rome2

Our last stop for the day was the Trevi Fountain! It was very crowded at night, but also very beautiful.

Valerie Maggio

Florence, Italy