Meet Our Student Consultants

Current Student Consultants

Spring 2019

Briana Coleman, Consultant Brianna Coleman is a Communications Studies major with a minor is Mass Comm, she will be graduating in May 2019. In addition to being a peer mentor for the PCC, Brianna is also a Campus Programming Assistant for Towson’s student activities department. On her free time, Brianna enjoys cooking, dancing, listening to music and shopping. She is apart of several organizations on campus including Vibe Dance Team where she holds the position of secretary/events coordinator. Her biggest achievement is that she is a co-founder of her non-profit organization #TheSisterProject.

Patrick Dillion, Consultant

“Public speaking is the art of diluting a two-minute idea with a two-hour vocabulary”

John Fitzgerald Kennedy

Greetings everyone, my name is Patrick. I am a graduate student majoring in Instructional Technology with a concentration in Instructional Design. I have a bachelor’s degree in Communications Studies from Towson, graduated in 2017. I have enjoyed public speaking for well over 30 years and have competed in local, state, and national competitions and have also coached the speech and debate team at Calvert Hall. I am retired from the U.S. Army after 21 years of service and have served as a military instructor for over 6 of those years.  I am really looking forward to working with you to improve your public speaking skills.

Christeen Fernando, Consultant

“I love helping other students improve their communication skills. It is awesome to have a PCC on campus where students can work with their peers to improve their skills in a friendly environment. Having strong public speaking skills can be essential to sharing your ideas effectively, building your confidence, and inspiring others with your words. Outside of the PCC, I enjoy kickboxing, playing ukulele, and going on fun trips.”

Morgana Finney, Consultant

“Until you realize how easily it is for your mind to be manipulated, you remain the puppet of someone else’s game.” 

– Evita Ochel

Austin Garcia, Consultant

“Being a member of the PCC is really exciting. Public Speaking for me is very important and having the opportunity to help other students in that aspect is what I look forward to doing! When I’m not working at the PCC or taking classes, I’m usually playing/watching sports like hockey or basketball, hanging out with friends and swimming in the summer.”

Ashlynn Hodge, Consultant
Major: Mass Communications and Communication Studies
Hi everyone! My name is Ashlynn and I’m currently a junior at Towson University. I’m majoring in Communications and I love public speaking. I’m also apart of Phi Kappa Delta on campus. I love getting to travel and watch movies on my free time. I’m super excited to help all of you with your speeches this semester. Can’t wait to meet you!

Vallen King, Consultant

Major: Communication Studies

Minor: EMF

I am senior here at Towson University and transferred in as a sophomore. I have a passion for talking to people and speaking publicly and I hope I can help others this semester with these skills while working at the PCC. In my free time I enjoy photography, working out, and hanging out with my sorority sisters of Alpha Xi Delta. This past year I was fortunate enough to take my communication skills global, visiting Australia, Jamaica, and Canada.

Zach Runge, Consultant

Majors: Communication Studies and Political Science

“Being able to help others in their education is such a rewarding experience and mentoring at the PCC allows me to connect with a diverse group of students. Public speaking is such a crucial skill to have an it’s awesome to have the opportunity to connect with students and enhance their skills. When I’m not mentoring, you can find me reading, running, or looking for my next adventure studying abroad!”

Skip to toolbar