Week 13-14 Recap

Almost done with the semester. Student’s have finished collecting their videos, are finishing up their digitizing, and some groups have moved on to data analysis. We finished our student presentations on a paper from the primary literature. I learned a lot from these this semester on al the various organisms and performances we are studying. Some students spent some time with Aaron in Dr. LaPolla’s lab taking automontage images of their organisms, including water strider legs and grasshopper hind legs. Some groups are becoming more experienced in R, learning to use mixed models to analyze their data, and are getting good at plotting and visualizing their data in R. The only assignments that are left are a poster presentation Friday Dec. 7th, in the the Department of Biological Sciences and their final paper. So, almost done. I’ve been reflecting on the class, and can’t believe how far we’ve all come. To think I was worried we wouldn’t have any projects to do, and we are now getting some interesting results from student driven questions, most of which I had never even thought about. Stay tuned as we wrap up the semester. Below are some photos from our university photographer.