Introducing Our Summer Social Media Intern

Hi!

My name is Isabelle Brna and I am the new communication intern for Summer 2020. I’m hoping to help connect with more students through our various social media platforms during these unprecedented times. My goals is for Towson University students to feel hopeful about the future of study abroad during all of this uncertainty.

I would like to share with you a little about me. As I am a communication intern this summer, I also work as a peer advisor for the Study Abroad Office during the school year. I am an incoming senior at TU with a Political Science major and a Communication Studies minor. I have had many great experiences throughout my college career, but one of my most memorable experiences was studying abroad. The summer after my freshman year, I participated in the TU Faculty-Led program called Communications and Global Competence in Barcelona, Spain. While I was not familiar with the Spanish language or the Catalan culture, I could not ask for a better experience. I learned how to adapt to a new culture, I was able to broaden my professional network, and I made lifelong memories.

Studying abroad has led to new opportunities. First, I was able to experience a new country and a new culture, while making lasting friendships. Second, studying abroad enabled me to land my first professional job as a peer advisor for the Towson University Study Abroad Office. Being a peer advisor has allowed me to share my experiences with students and help guide them towards their future study abroad plans. After a semester serving as a peer advisor, I worked with my supervisor to develop an internship to further my professional experience.

As students look at our social media pages this summer, I encourage them to take advantage of future study abroad opportunities and broaden their horizons. I hope you enjoyed learning about me. Have you already studied abroad at TU? I want to hear from you! Email me at peeradvisor@towson.edu to share your story. Do you need help planning your term abroad? Attend a group advising session virtually any weekday at 2pm and I’ll give you everything you need to start planning.